Blog Archive

Monday, October 6, 2014

one thousand thirty five: youth of today



Today's look is a throwback to some of my earlier years. Surprisingly enough, it probably dates as far back as about fifteen years ago. Back then I was a lot more active in the local hardcore and punk music scene than I am today. Today's outfit is a modern version of a classic youth crew style look that represents so much of what I was about back then and not just the way that I dressed either. It was a much more carefree time in my life where the majority of my time (besides going to school) was spent hanging out with friends, going to shows and above all else, having fun. The times have changed so much since those easy going days that it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that things were just that simple once. I'm not one to live in or dwell on the past by any means, but every once and a while it can be refreshing to go back to your roots and reminisce on where you came from and more importantly how it's helped you get to where you are today. I hope that you all are having a good start to your week and remember that, just as I mentioned earlier, you can change all that you'd like for better or (hopefully not) worse. But no matter what, never forget your roots.

Today I am wearing:
•Varsity style jacket from H&M
•Graphic t-shirt from The Clash
•Belt from H&M
•511 slim fit commuter denim from Levi's  
•Argyle socks from Target
•Canvas sneakers from H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment