Blog Archive

Friday, September 19, 2014

one thousand eighteen: two years ago



Today's look is a preppy casual look that features bright colors and is one of my favorite styles. I love an outfit that can incorporate formal style elements that are mixed with very casual ones. That's essentially the essence of the preppy style. It's very fitting to my lifestyle and not just the way that I dress on a daily basis. I am someone who is often undecided in a lot of areas in my life and I think that it really helps me maintain a consistent variety filled life. That may seem like a bit of an oxymoron, but it totally makes sense to me and that's what matters the most.

Two years ago was my first time ever closing the H&M I worked at by myself. I had just finished my training to be a supervisor (my first management role ever) the week before. I was looking back and remembered the date because I had actually decided to commemorate the occasion by dressing up a little. It was definitely more of a casual dress up and it is exactly what I'm wearing today as well. A lot has happened in these past two years that I never dreamed would happen and I couldn't be more thankful for the support system that has been there for me every step of the way. It may not seem like a big deal to everyone else or even the people that I am proud to have as coworkers and coworkers that I've had in the past, but it is a big deal to me. And I owe my success not only to myself for the work that I've put in, but I also owe it to the teams I've worked with over the past two years. So today's look is dedicated to everyone that I've worked with in any capacity in my time at H&M. I am lucky to have been able to work with all of you!

Today I am wearing:
•Vintage striped tie from Dior
•Button up shirt from H&M
•Belt from H&M
•Slim fit five pocket pant from H&M
•Socks from Target
•Loafers from Sperry


No comments:

Post a Comment