Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

twelve hundred forty seven: all the patterns



Today's look is a cool, comfortable, and casual look that utilizes one of my favorite styling techniques which is known as pattern or print mixing. I remember a time when it was totally unheard of and frowned upon to wear separate patterns that don't match in the conventional sense together. And now it is much more acceptable even though a lot of people are still scared that they're going to be doing it "wrong". My advice to those of you that aren't 100% ready to take that plunge is to try it anyway! What's the worst that could happen? In my opinion, it's way more rewarding to take risks, fail, and learn from that experience than to play it safe and not know what could have been. This is not only great advice in style, but also for life in general. I hope that you all have a beautiful day and whether or not you try a new style you've been thinking about but hadn't executed yet, I hope that you take this advice and apply it to your life at least!

Today I am wearing:
•Thrifted plaid flannel button up shirt
•Graphic printed Nas t-shirt from H&M
•Belt from H&M
•Patterned shorts from H&M
•Sneakers from New Balance

No comments:

Post a Comment